Tuesday 2 March 2021

Still not convinced/repaired

I do not know how to get onto a professional site. I have over 30 yrs experience in refrigeration and 20 yrs licensed certified . I tried yesterday reaching out for info re a heat pump failure but my responses from this site at this point (although well meant) have not given me any adequate conclusions. It would be great if If I could some information from an adequate senior tech (at least 10 yrs in the trade) re an air to air heat pump that will not give any pressure changes from high to low access ports with the compressor running (scroll running in the proper direction) . I believe it is caused by a plugged screen in the accumulator creating a complete blockage in the outlet from the accumulator to the compressor , giving no return to the compressor and thusly no discharge pressure . My only other guess is a reversing valve failure but I ca not see any of the revering valve failures creating this scenario (no pressure changes) . Further just so there are no repeats of previous "possible guesses" , the compressor is a 3 ton scroll, under these "failed conditions" it is drawing about 5-6 amps running, outdoor temp aprox. 14 degrees F and about 70 degrees inside. Important to note that the only accesses I have to this system are the obvious heat pump connections (liq. , Suc., and "true suction" ) There is no access from the outlet of the accumulator to the compressor, which may show me if there is no refrigerant flowing from the accumulator to the compressor. If this pressure access was available this question would probably be not neccessary and my answer would be there.
So to this, please do not ask for; super heats, they can not be attained with no pressure changes happening, it is a single phase scroll running in the right direction, there is a proper refrigerant charge in the system, voltage is aprox. 240 and running load amps (with these conditions) is about 5-6 amps.


source https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/threads/2227096-Still-not-convinced-repaired?goto=newpost

No comments:

Post a Comment