Monday 1 March 2021

Should I pair an AC or a heat pump with my gas furnace?

I’m finalizing equipment selection with my contractor and we landed on the 2-stage Bryant Evolution gas furnace and the 5-stage Bryant Evolution. Earlier today he mentioned that he looked at heat pump prices and noticed that the 5-stage heat pump is only a couple of hindered dollars more than the AC and asked if I’d like to go with that instead.

I suppose I can set the heat pump lockout at 32-35F and let the gas furnace handle the very cold days (~ 3 months)

Putting price aside, would it be a better/worse choice to go with a heat pump instead of an AC in this scenario?


source https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/threads/2227070-Should-I-pair-an-AC-or-a-heat-pump-with-my-gas-furnace?goto=newpost

No comments:

Post a Comment