Wednesday 3 March 2021

new heat pump/furnace combination, operation mode

Recently purchased a new central HVAC system from Lennox (EL15XP1-030/CBA27UHE-036). I programmed the new thermostat to 66F during the night and 70F during the day, in the eating mode. I have a 2 floor home with finished basement, roughly 2000 sq ft of living space.

during mild days (40F), the furnace does not engaged, which I am ok with, but the heatpump cant keep the temperature at 66 during the night and I get up and it is 63. it also takes 3-4 hours for the temperature to reach 70 during those days.

The dealer is telling me I am not using the system properly, as I am supposed to keep it at a steady temperature (70 the whole time) and not reduce it at night. Obviously I disagree... it make no sense to me.

They already changed the thermostat (Lennox 7500), but no change.

Is my dealer correct? Is the heating capacity of my heat pump that limited?

Appreciate the help!


source https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/threads/2227120-new-heat-pump-furnace-combination-operation-mode?goto=newpost

No comments:

Post a Comment