Monday 1 March 2021

Danger in leaving Trane Air Handler on overnight

Air handler has been squeaky the last couple of weeks. Yesterday, the downstairs was cold and I discovered the fan was not on. Heat strips were, so the unit was a little warm inside. Thinking run capacitor, I nudge fan with a stick and it started up. I set the fan setting to on and decided to wait until Monday to call for estimates to fix, but probably replace the whole heat pump. It's a 1999 model. This morning the fan was off. Not too warm in the unit. I turned off both breakers in the air handler itself. I removed cover and looked at relay and it looks ok. Didn't touch anything. Just didn't look burned up. After several minutes I flipped breakers back on and the fan started right up. It's been running all day. Now for my question. Should I turn everything off tonight before I go to bed so that if the fan stops again, I won't have a fire? Not too cold outside; about 45.


source https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/threads/2227045-Danger-in-leaving-Trane-Air-Handler-on-overnight?goto=newpost

No comments:

Post a Comment