Thursday 4 March 2021

Adding supply outlet

I want to add another supply outlet to my master bedroom. It currently only has 1- 12 x 8 register fed by a 7” flex line. The room is approximately 16’ x 12’ x 12’ high ceilings. The house is approximately 1850 sq.ft. The ac system is a 3.5 ton Trane. I wanted to add a 12” x 7” supply register fed by a 6” flex line. Can someone please assist me with some professional advice on what I want to do? Reason I’m adding the additional outlet is bc the room gets warm, especially during summer months. I’m located in central Florida. I will try to attach some pictures of the duct system in the attic and what I’m trying to accomplish. The 1st picture attached shows the 1st supply box off the air handler, where I want to add the 6” supply outlet to the bedroom. I will also add a damper to the collar. The 2nd picture is of the supply box that is in the atria of the bedroom, however, doesn’t seem like there is any room to add anything to this box. With what I have described, will this be ok? Looking for some professional advice please. Thank you in advance!
Attached Images
  


source https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/threads/2227147-Adding-supply-outlet?goto=newpost

No comments:

Post a Comment