Friday 26 February 2021

Question about secondary supply plenum

Hello Folks,
I just had the Heat Pump installed in my house recently. The installation included all the ductwork for the house. Unfortunately, I am experiencing uneven air flow in the house. It is a split level house (2500 Square Feet, I have 3.5 ton, Variable speed Air Handler). The Air handler is located on the attic. I have two attics and it is connected through a space big enough of for a window (3.5 ft X 5.5 ft). Air handler is placed in the attic above the bedrooms and the connected attic has the kitchen, dining room and living room underneath it. The uneven air flow is experienced for the supply lines from the connected attic. I am getting great deal of air for all the bedrooms/bathrooms and hardly getting any air for dining room, kitchen and living room. I had gone through all the ductwork. It seems that I have two supply plenum. One is attached to the air handler and is feeding all the bedrooms/bathrooms. There is a branch coming out of the supply plenum air handler and going to a secondary supply plenum which is placed in the second attic. The second plenum has four supply lines coming out and is supplying the air for dining room, kitchen, and living room. I had never seen a setup where there is two supply plenum, and I had quested the contractor and he said it is perfectly fine. Is this normal?


source https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?2226947-Question-about-secondary-supply-plenum&goto=newpost

No comments:

Post a Comment