Thursday 25 February 2021

2 ton ductwork as a given for furnace replacement

New to posting. An often reader of posts. I have a two story which includes a daylight basement, main floor 900 sq. ft., 600 sq ft basement which includes bedroom, office, utilities. I have a Bryant Plus 80 gas furnace, 60,000 BTUs, oversized, noisy, and on its last leg. Very dependable of 20 years, only had to replace the circuit board. One take away for me in talking with Trane, Mitsubishi, Bryant, Carrier, and Lennox contractors (yes, I am driving my wife nuts) is my 1955 has a rather well-designed duct system originally designed for a oil furnace supports a 2 ton system. I guess fortunately the contractor who manual J says my heat lost supports a 2.5 ton furnace. Most have proposed 2.5 or 3 ton system. So far many of us, the existing ductwork defines ours options. I have upgraded all windows and attacked heat lost. Live in Seattle so the current electric and gas costs are relatively low. So my debate with myself as I plan to be in this house for 20 years, do I go all electric heat pump or hybrid. Any advice on quiet system as the furnace is adjacent to bedroom and home office? Does any have a sense of the service history for Mitsubishi ducted air handlers(SVZ-KP30NA)? That equipment seems relatively new to me. I can get the Mitsubishi installed at a significant savings to a Trane dual fuel XV-19.


source https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?2226973-2-ton-ductwork-as-a-given-for-furnace-replacement&goto=newpost

No comments:

Post a Comment