Saturday 27 February 2021

New recovery tank vacuum preparation WITHOUT the micron gauge?

So I purchased the new recovery tank for a VERY occasional R134 recovery missions (typically when I need to remove the condenser in my cars, which happens 1-2 times a year (or less)). That means this tank will probably serve me for the rest of my lifetime (however I know there is life time expectancy for the tank after which it needs to be re-certified, but I'm don't worry about it for now). I know the new tank needs to be commissioned in by pulling a vacuum around 500 microns (or something like that if the memory serves me right). It's really not worth for me to purchase $150-200 gauge to use it 1 time to measure how deep is the vacuum.. So my question is - what's the typical average vacuum pump run time in order to get to 500 microns (or whatever the standard is for the new tank). Let's say if it's an hour - I can run it 1.5hrs to make sure I'm within the proper range. So I can run it whatever times longer than the typical average normal run time just to make sure everything is within normal specs. Just need to know what's an average time to reach it.


source https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?2227006-New-recovery-tank-vacuum-preparation-WITHOUT-the-micron-gauge&goto=newpost

No comments:

Post a Comment