Friday 5 March 2021

Lenox XP19 Heat Pump Not Running on Heat Cycle

Last month I noticed the heat pump freezing up during really cold temperatures. It appeared that the defrost cycle would not operate. I thought that might be caused by low Freon so I switched the unit to emergency heat to keep from damaging the compressor. This week I had more Freon (6 oz) installed. When I put it back in heating mode the outside unit would not come on. It stayed in strip heater mode. I have changed out the thermostat and the defrost board and the outside unit will not kick in. The reversing valve activates on cooling and releases on heating. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might check next?


source https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/threads/2227178-Lenox-XP19-Heat-Pump-Not-Running-on-Heat-Cycle?goto=newpost

No comments:

Post a Comment