Monday 1 March 2021

*Help* Generic Homeowner who knows nothing. . . (AC not working)

As the title suggests , I know nothing when it comes to the HVAC community. Temps finally got warm/humid enough to warrant AC being on last night(AC has been off for a few months straight). I turned our AC on around 10pm EST to 68 , house was currently at 77. Our unit is right at 3 years old. I wake up at 3am EST and the inside temp hasn't budged. Obviously my first train of thought is to walk outside and make sure the unit is running (as if I know what the h*ll I'm looking at or what to do) , Its running (fan wise at least) , the AC switch in the breaker box isn't tripped , air is pumping through the vents (typical hand check). I head to the attic to make sure the filter isn't jammed or anything , it seems to be clean-ish and installed properly. Lastly , I noticed a light switch , which seemed to kill the whole system from the inside , I flipped it and still have the same results. While I was up there , I noticed 3 "actuators" , unsure what they do , if theyre working properly , or how to swap their "zones" (or if I even need to). But I have attached pictures of what I see currently upstairs. We have a nasty storm coming , so I was unable to snap a pic of my current AC unit outside. I am in the process of scheduling an appointment , but with it obviously being "after hours" when I post this , I'll take any advice/insight till I can get a concrete appointment set.

*Edit* Since I cant post links yet , I have an imgur album of the same pics that are hopefully attached to this post.

Thanks in advance. Not asking for any DIY help , cause I don't trust myself attempting any handy work , especially to a system so expensive. If it's a simple "test" like moving one of those levers on the actuator , I'm game to try , but I won't be doing any electrical/repair work.Name: PXL_20210301_084345294.jpg Views: 59 Size: 3.29 MBName: PXL_20210301_084357758.jpg Views: 59 Size: 3.79 MBName: PXL_20210301_084408127.jpg Views: 59 Size: 3.38 MBName: PXL_20210301_084417435.jpg Views: 60 Size: 3.93 MB
Attached Images
    


source https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/threads/2227051-*Help*-Generic-Homeowner-who-knows-nothing-(AC-not-working)?goto=newpost

No comments:

Post a Comment