Tuesday 23 February 2021

Would an HRV be what I need

Plan on living in my place for awhile, and want to make things better than just the quick builder fixs

Anyway, I currently have a central exhaust system in my house. One vent for each bathroom, 3 bathrooms

When any of the bathrooms are turned on, every bathroom vents. Wasnt something I was used to when we moved in, used to the bathroom vent vented out the roof, one per bathroom, but seperate.

All these are connected and join up in my furnace room and vented outside. One benefit of this is I have no Roof vents, so no flapper noises, and of course, less cuts in my roof. So thats a good thing

So I have a Fantech fan in the furnace room, but its also connected to the furnace fan. So when the exhaust is turned on the furnace fan is turned on. It alsois connected to a ventoutside to draw air into the cold air return

And while it does work well, bascially you are sucking in whatever temp the air is outside/ So in winter, sometimes -35 air, and in the summer, +35 air

Would an HRV be what is needed for this for energy recovery/savings,


source https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?2226883-Would-an-HRV-be-what-I-need&goto=newpost

No comments:

Post a Comment