Tuesday 23 February 2021

Fan running 24/7 cost

Hey everyone. I got a new Bryant system a couple years ago. 96% efficiency I think. Variable speed 2 stage, pretty high end of their stuff.

I've been told and read a million times that leaving the fan ON 24/7 is better for everything. Better for the motor because it doesn't keep turning on and off and better for the house to keep air circulating.

I've left it on for about the last 2 years constantly and it's not cheap to do so. The hvac company said it's like leaving a light bulb on....in fact it's way more than that. It's running at about a consistent 400 watts. Took me a while to figure out what's been driving my electric bill so high but that's it.

400 watts running 24/7 is costing like $50-$60 per month! Not what I would consider worth while

Am I missing something here?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk


source https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?2226872-Fan-running-24-7-cost&goto=newpost

No comments:

Post a Comment