Wednesday 24 February 2021

Faint Gas smell in the yard from time to time.

I have a 2 ton package unit on the side of the house. It is natural gas. I would smell gas from time to time in the yard but, never in the house. I looked at the heat tubes They are rusted but appear to work fine. The heat exchanger has some rust on it but, appears to be in good shape. I looked at the ignitor and it was cycling over and over again. It might have been short cycling or it might have been just because I had the door off. I cleaned the ignitor and the flame sensor. And it took care of any short cycling.


Is there anything else I can check. The smell might be coming from one of the neighbors I can not tell.


source https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?2226909-Faint-Gas-smell-in-the-yard-from-time-to-time&goto=newpost

No comments:

Post a Comment