Saturday 27 February 2021

Appears as though my HRV is not hooked up correctly, should I fix it?

Hi all,

My apologies if my terminology is incorrect.

I just noticed that it appears as though my HRV is not hooked up correctly. I've added photos, hopefully they get attached properly as I'm doing this from my phone.

I attached the installation diagram and some pictures of my actual installation.
The two ports on the left side of the unit should be going outside but only the exhaust port does, the other attaches to my cool air return, I labelled it "A" in the photos. The bottom right port is supposed to get hooked up to the cool air return but it looks like it's getting hooked up to the top of the ductwork above my furnace, it's tough to say for sure because it's difficult to see up there, I labelled this "B" in the photo.
I'm pretty sure the upper right port is correct, I think it's collecting air from my bathroom and kitchen.

Is this some alternate installation done by the pros that would be acceptable?
To me it doesn't make sense, it doesn't look like I have any fresh air coming in which is the whole point of a HRV is it not?

Would it be worth fixing this or should I just leave it as is?

Last week I cleaned the filters and core in the HRV and left it unplugged overnight for everything to dry. There is always one bedroom that's colder than the rest of my house, but there were some really cold days last week and it seemed like another bedroom and my bathroom were colder than the rest of my house as well. I may have imagined it but it seemed like when the HRV was unplugged overnight that all of the rooms were the same temperature. Could this HRV being hooked up like it is be a contributing factor to the cold room(s) in my house or is that merely a coincidence?
Attached Images
   


source https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?2227000-Appears-as-though-my-HRV-is-not-hooked-up-correctly-should-I-fix-it&goto=newpost

No comments:

Post a Comment